On 11/30/21, Tuesday, I ventured off to Evanston to hit up Northwestern University. I felt like my emotions + inner game raged up a storm after being locked up for months on in. I felt invincible, like I could take on the world. If I had to guess what caused me to feel so upbeat today, it’s my TRT regimen accompanied by a new morning supplement schedule consisting of Vitamin B Complex Pill, 5000 iu vitamin D, 400mg liquid ionic magnesium and my multivitamins.
It was recommended to me on Reddit as an anti-depressive regimen and general mood booster.
And damn, did it show lol
All in all, I my attitude and outlook was incredibly positive, my game improved & suffered in a few ways. I’ll log my results on the two approaches I managed to net over at Northwestern and utilize it as essential data for next time.
I’m hoping this is what I’ve been looking for so I can continue my pickup journey once again.
Approach #1 – The NoCal Redhead
Synopsis: After getting off the Purple Line, I met this hard HB 6 pale redhead girl. She was sweet, neutral leaning receptive, but waiting for an Uber. I figured I’d test to see if I could hook her in 5 minutes or less, so I ran game on my girl. Thankfully, I was projecting good vibes and she definitely felt it. However, I didn’t qualify my target enough – or at all, really.
I knew I fucked up because I didn’t give her enough room to ask personal questions (ie. invest), but rather, played as the fun, cool guy who is there for entertainment. No qualifying, no comfort. All high energy and in hindsight, I suppose I was the one too invested!
Definitely not good.
Even though I number closed the set, she’s been texting me back very slowly.
I wasn’t surprised.
What I Did Right:
– Hooking: I was able to accurately assess and say “the right words” when required. For example, if my target was getting bored and wasn’t invested enough, I’d do a push-pull or cold read. She’d get hooked again, responding to what I asked or cold read about her, before checking out her phone. I don’t blame her, though, considering she was heading to the vet to pick up her sick bird.
– Accurate Cold Reads: It’s crazy when you’re present in the moment, how you’re able to subconsciously read your target and guess correct life facts about them. I was right 90% of the time, which built up my value. I knew it wasn’t enough to ditch her Uber, but I felt good enough considering my inner game was pretty crap for the past month or so.
It’s good I’m getting my old abilities back.
– Too High Energy: I was just so fucking on. Like, too much. I barely gave my target enough time to respond and I yapped my face off. I’m going to forgive myself though, considering that she was about to hit up an Uber in 5 minutes anyway. So I had to make the set count.
– Overgaming: This has been my sticking point since the dawn of time lol. It’s one of those sticking points where you simply get tired of having to invest sooooo much into the convo, that you simply don’t give a shit anymore. Once that occurs, you do less in the set and titrate how much game & effort you put forth. Consequently, doing less = girl is more invested.
– No Investment: … On her part, that is. She merely responded -> continued talking after my cold read, observation, or question. Yes, it was fun, flirty talk, but nothing substantial. Remember: You can only build your value up so high. Make her invest. It’s a far more powerful tool.
What I’ll Do Next Time:
– Keep Calm: Be present, calm, actively listening, and speak slowly, with purpose, so I can decide if my target requires more value, more comfort, or to qualify/invest more. That is when I’m at my best.
– If I Can’t Move the Set, Hook -> Qualify -> Close: I knew I couldn’t instadate my girl. Not unless I had JP or Todd level skills haha. So the best I could have done is project value and have her qualify/invest a shitload within the short timeframe I had to work with. Next time, focus waaaaay more on qualifying > value. Build up just enough value you to cash it in via qualifications.
Comments: Good on me for hitting up a girl waiting for an Uber. It’s a challenge I didn’t back down to.
Approach #2 – The San Francisco Girl
Synopsis: At the campus proper, I met this 18 year old tall blonde from San Francisco at a crosswalk. It was dark, but I felt like I could make it work. After the open, she was originally going to leave after I complimented her outfit. It was direct friendly, enough to make her stop momentarily – but not enough to keep her there. So I kept throwing out push-pulls, witty banter, and had her qualify a ton.
It was a minute or two before she was truly hooked.
In this situ, I def did more shit right than wrong. I had my target qualifying the living hell out of her self and at certain intervals within the interaction, she began chasing.
However, I felt waaaay too high energy, like an entertainer, without much – if any – comfort.
I caught myself doing this mid-way in the set, therefore, I started slowing down my pace. She caught notice of this and the set began sliding in a downward arc. I believe Todd V states to keep your energy levels low or mid level. Because you can’t keep everything high all the time. And once you start lowering the energy levels, as does her attention span.
At the end, I snagged her number before trying to make plans with her. She’s been responding back and I’ve been consulting the boys as how to handle her.
What I Did Right:
– Flirty, Witter Banter: Despite the fact I probably overgamed my girl + had too high energy over an extended period of time, my verbals were fuckin’ solid. Like, when she threw shit tests at me, I inherently knew to agree & exaggerate and I did that with flying colors. She gawked at me the entire time like, “Who the fuck is this guy and why am I so attracted to him?” Good shit.
– Qualifiers: My girl qualified the hell outta herself. Yes, I qualified after I gauged her attraction level, but for the most part, she just kept investing over & over again into me. Even though my comfort game was pretty shit in set, I think the fact she expounded a decent amount of time and energy into me made the number solid.
– Catching Myself: I knew I was playing the entertainer instead of a fun, sexy guy who is attracted to her. This is due to my full year of practice as a pickup artist so I’m able to pinpoint where I’m at in the interaction and can tell if I’ve hit a dead end of not. While I did catch myself, I should eject first before the girl if I can’t move the set any further.
– Felt Like An Entertainer: I’ll be honest, the word I’m looking for is “tryhard”. It belongs to the same category as overgaming. It’s a very intermediate level sticking point, but which rectifies itself with sheer time & effort infield. In this situ, I def felt like an entertainer with Charlotte (the girl). She was drawn in primarily due to the amount of times she qualified herself.
– No Comfort: In set, I only attained surface level info that any rando could get from a casual conversation. I didn’t go deep into who she was as a person, her feelings/emotions, nor anything beyond “flirt, fun high energy guy”. If you want to make her feel like you’re not just fucking with her / want sex, be sure to establish comfort as well as value!
– Speaking Too Fast: I wouldn’t say I was exactly nervous in set; moreso excited. But even so – that’s bad game. It’s better if you’re slow, methodical, an active listener, while pinging her hindbrain she’s speaking to an alpha who wants to fuck her. When you speak too fast, you’re subconsciously telling her she’s the higher value one since you’re the one REACTING to her.
What I’ll Do Next Time:
– Speak Slower + Comfort: Look back at Mikaela (Czech Bartender), I distinctly recall opening + gaming her in a slow, calculated manner. Yes, I was happy shit was going according to plan, but better yet, I was planning my next steps and how to move things forward. If I need a recent example to replicate, my set with Mikaela should be my guide.
Comments: All in all, a (mostly) good set that worked on an 18 year old.